You can find more details below.
When planning your trip to Madeira, it is important to know the local regulations in force in terms of prevention and containment of COVID-19, namely:
- In order to enter Madeira you have to have your European Union Digital COVID-19 Certificate or a negative antigen test (made within 48 hours prior to boarding). You also need to register on the digital platform www.madeirasafe.com.
You need to show your Digital Certificate or certificate of recovery or a negative antigen test (made in the previous 7 days – made at your own expense) when accessing some establishments/services, such as, but not limited to:
- Bars and restaurants
These measures are in place until February 28th. For more information please visit - https://www.visitmadeira.pt/en-gb/useful-info/corona-virus-(covid-19)/information-covid-19.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Signage and Information
- Ensure that clients are aware of and will have access to this Internal Protocol relative to Covid-19 coronavirus outbreak by requesting the Covid-19 dossier at the Hotel Reception Desk or by consulting the hotel's website at www.meliamadeira.com.
- Information on how to comply with the basic precautions for prevention and infection control in relation to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak is made available internally to the Staff by the designated Team as defined in the contingency plan and same can be obtained by going to the Reception desk or by dialling 291-724-140 or via the internal extension no. 9 and requesting support from either the Coordinator (Hotel General Manager or whoever replaces him) or from the Reception Manager (Head of Reception or whoever replaces him).
Cleaning and Sanitation Plan
- Washing and disinfection, in accordance with the internal protocol, of all surfaces where employees and customers circulate, ensuring control and prevention of infections and resistance to antimicrobials.
- The frequent cleaning (several times per day) of surfaces and objects of common use (including counters, worktops, electrical light switches, elevator buttons, door and cabinet handles).
- Preference should be given to wet cleaning over dry cleaning and the use of a vacuum cleaner.
- Air renewal and ventilation of rooms and closed spaces is done regularly.
- Regular disinfection of the Pool and other existing equipment in the Spa/Wellness areas. Contact the Hotel Reception to obtain information on the services, which are available and operative.
- Regular disinfection of the Jacuzzi, which includes the emptying of all water, followed by washing and disinfection: thereafter, it is refilled with clean water and disinfected with the appropriate amount of chlorine. Contact the Hotel Reception for information on whether or not this service is operative.
- Reinforcement of sanitation of all utensils, equipment and surfaces in the Restaurants and Bar areas, avoiding the direct handling of food by both customers and employees as much as possible.
- Perform thorough cleaning and disinfection of tables and tabletops between each client's use in the Restaurant / Cafeteria / Bar areas.
- Ensure the bucket and mop used to clean floors are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized at the end of each use. This cleaning equipment must be segregated and visually distinctive to the different areas of use.
- Washing of the floors must be carried out using hot water and everyday detergent, thereafter duly disinfected, using disinfection solution. It is recommended that the cleaning frequency be done at least twice a day.
- In the sanitary/bathroom facilities, washing must be carried out, preferably, using products containing both detergent as well as disinfectant, ensuring a more effective disinfection. It is recommended that the frequency of cleaning the floors of the sanitary/bathroom facilities be carried out at least 3 times per day.
- Cleaning of public spaces and high touch areas including those where children are at play, must be undertaken several times a day.
Adequacy of Accommodation Units
- The Procedure of specific care for the changing of bed linen and cleaning of rooms requires the favouring of two spaced intervention times and with adequate protection, according to the Internal protocol.
- Removing bed linen and towels without shaking items and by rolling them inwards, without touching the body, placed in specific closed and duly identified bags and handed over to the laundry service provider.
- The laundry service provider must produce a certified declaration/warranty committing to the washing of bed linen and towels separately at temperatures around 60ºC; a copy of same declaration may be obtained at the Hotel’s Reception Desk.
- After client checkout, the pillows are replaced by others, properly cleaned and sanitized and not re-used within 72 hours.
- TheTVremotesareprotectedinaplasticwrappingand properly disinfected after the client has checked The air conditioning control and phone units are disinfected after the client has checked out.
- Dispensers of alcohol-based antiseptic solution or alcohol-based solution near all entry / exit points, and whenever applicable by floor, at the entrance to the restaurants, bars, common areas as well as sanitary/bathroom facilities.
- Liquid soap for hand washing and paper towels must be provided in all sanitary/bathroom facilities.
All Employees received specific information and training as follows:
- Onthe internal Protocol relative to the outbreak of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
- How to comply with basic infection prevention and control precautions for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, including the following procedures:
- Hand hygiene: frequently washing of hands with soap and water for at least 20
seconds or the use of hand sanitizer that has at least 70º of alcohol, covering all the hand surfaces and rubbing them dry.
- Respiratory etiquette: coughing or sneezing into flexed forearm or the use of tissue paper, which should then be immediately thrown away; hand sanitation always after coughing or sneezing and after blowing nose; avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with hands.
- Social Conduct: change the frequency and form of contact between employees and between employees and customers, avoiding (wherever possible) close contact, handshakes, kisses, shared jobs, face-to-face meetings, food sharing, utensils, glasses and towels.
- Hand hygiene: frequently washing of hands with soap and water for at least 20
- How to comply with daily self-monitoring to assess fever temperature, check for cough or difficulty in breathing.
- How to comply with the guidelines of the Directorate-General for Health for the cleaning of surfaces and the treatment of linen and clothing in establishments.
Equipment – Personal /Individual Protection Equipment
- Sufficient PPE for all employees (depending on their role: mask, gloves,visor, gown or apron, cap, shoe covers).
- The washing of employees' uniforms is placed in separate sealed bags, washed separately by the laundry service provider at high temperatures (around 60ºC), according to the service provider's declaration, which can be requested at the Hotel’s Reception Desk.
Designation of the Employees Responsible
- There is a hotel employee responsible for triggering the procedures in case of a suspected infection that will accompany the person with symptoms to the isolation area, provide all the necessary assistance and contact the National Health Service. Should you need to contact the person responsible for the service of compliance of all the applicable rules and regulations in the prevention/action and/or warning of a suspected case of infection, please call at the Hotel’s Reception Desk or contact us by phone 253-144-000 or via the internal extension, by dialling nº 9.
- Employees carry out daily self-monitoring to assess fever temperature, cough or difficulty in breathing.
- Behaviours to be adopted by the staff:
- Implementation measures to ensure physical distancing between employees and customers and avoidance of physical contact, including handshakes.
- Neither entering nor leaving the hotel establishment using their uniforms.
- Keep long hair tied back.
- The excessive use of personal accessories(earrings,bracelets, necklaces, rings, etc.) is not advisable.
- A damp mat with sanitizer used to clean the soles of shoes will be provided at the Staff entrance and shall be well managed and changed regularly.
- Staggered meal breaks and schedules to avoid accumulated encounters in staff canteen areas.
- Cleaning staff professionals should be familiar with the products and chemicals to be used (detergents and disinfectants), the respective handling precautions to be taken of same, the dilution and application of these products under safe conditions, how to protect themselves during the cleaning procedures and how to ensure good ventilation during cleaning and disinfection procedures.
Stock of Cleaning and Sanitation Materials
- Supply of cleaning and sanitation materials for single use proportional to the size of the hotel property, including single-use cleaning wipes moistened with disinfectant and alcohol at 70º.
- Dispensers or refills of alcohol-based antiseptic solution or alcohol-based solution.
- Waste container with non-manual opening and lined with plastic bag.
- Equipment or refills of liquid soap for hand washing and supply of paper towels.
Shifts and Work Schedules
- Definition of service work schedules and / or shifts with a reduction in the amount of simultaneous number of employees; the creation of teams may allow for greater control of all the safety and sanitation rules and regulations.
- Definition of rules / phasing of all the cleaning duties of the accommodation units.
FOR OUR GUESTS
Equipment - Individual Protection
- Personal protection equipment is made available for guests (individual protection kits comprising of mask and disinfectant gel with optional addition of gloves, visor or other equipment); maximum capacity of the hotel establishment was taken into account in order to define and ensure the required quantity of stock of same. This equipment may have an associated cost. In order to obtain more information, please contact our Hotel’s Reception Desk.
- Information will be visibly displayed in each common use area or in the Covid-19 dossier, available for consultation at the Hotel’s Reception, on all rules applicable within each common use area accessible to all (opening hours and rules relative to differentiating meal times, use of the Restaurant, Bar, Gymnasium, Pool, SPA and others).
PROCEDURES IN CASE OF SUSPECTED INFECTION
- The employee responsible for triggering the procedures in case of suspected infection must accompany the person with symptoms to the isolation space (rooms 603 or 605), will provide the necessary assistance and contact the Portuguese National Health Service (Linha Saúde 24 – 808 24 24 20).
Decontamination of the designated isolation space/area
- The decontamination of the isolation area whenever there are positive cases of infection; reinforcement of cleaning and disinfection whenever there are patients suspected of infection, especially on surfaces frequently handled and most used by same persons, according to the guidelines of the Portuguese Directorate-General for Health.
- The storage of waste produced by patients suspected of infection to be placed in a plastic bag which, after being closed and sealed, must be separated and sent to a licensed operator for the correct management of hospital waste with biological risk.
Registration of Incidents and Actions Taken
- The hotel keeps updated records, available for consultation, of training sessions held as well as heightened hygiene and sanitation procedures undertaken in each section of the property, pertinent to the combat of Covid-19.
Following the panorama installed due to the COVID-19 coronavirus, we feel the need to make an extra effort to be as transparent as possible with our customers, so that everyone can trust us and in our work.
At the moment, our available rates have no cancellation charges, you can cancel for free if you do it in 48 hours in advance.
For reservations already made, the client should check how the reservation with our hotel was made:
Reservations made directly with the hotel
The customer must check the booking conditions:
- Refundable Reservation - You can cancel free of charge up to 48 hours before the check-in date at the hotel.
Refundable Reservation - You can change it free of charge up to 48 hours before the check-in date at the hotel, however, subject to availability and possible rate differences for the new dates.
You should check the date on which the reservation was made.
For reservations made before March 1, 2020, you must contact our Reservations Department.
Reservations made through online travel agents or agencies
- In this case, we advise the customer to contact that supplier directly. Whatever the conditions of the reservation, you should contact only the intermediary where the reservation was made.
- Refundable Reservation - There will be no problem with canceling or changing dates.
- Non-Refundable Reservation - It will always depend on the travel agents or agencies policy. However, the majority of them are available for a postponement of your reservation to 6 or 12 months later.
Due to the high volume of calls and emails in our Reservations Department, we ask that you contact us only if your reservation is for the next 72 hours.
You can send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject the date of entry and reservation locator (SUBJECT: LOC XXXXXX - DD/MM/YYYY).
We are aware that the responses and actions of both the government and our hotel may change and be in constant development due to better comfort and an appeal to the safety of our guests and our staff.